It's about diving. And cats.

Me diving

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Fun with Fundies

Last weekend I helped do the video for a Fundies class. It was Kenn, Steve, and August's class (who shall henceforth be known as "Team Bunny"). I played around with the camera in the pool a month or so ago, just to get the hang of it. I was supposed to help with the pool sessions the previous weekend, but I had an ear infection, so Rob was left to do it all himself. So I had to pretty quickly figure out how to maneuver around the team and get useful video (without kicking too many of the students), all in the surge and otherwise "real" conditions outside of the pool. It was definitely a bit of work contorting myself around them, trying to get good shots without getting in their way. However, Team Bunny was quite cooperative in their positioning, and they didn't seem to mind the occasional kick. Overall, it was quite fun to video the class, but I was just glad no one was videoing me!

So I did the video on one dive on Saturday and just hung out and watched for the second dive (which Rob video'd). I must admit, I got a little distracted by the kelp critters nearby -- I found one kelp stalk with both a stiletto shrimp and a kelp clingfish! Score.

On Saturday night, I came down with some horrible form of food poisoning (now I know what they mean when they say "projectile vomiting"). I have pseudo-scientifically tracked it down to a peanut butter Clif bar that I ate Saturday morning, and later found out was a subject of the FDA peanut butter recall. Pre-dive nutrition is very important to staying warm, but I can't say I recommend this form of nourishment :)

Anyhoo, Kenn wrote a pretty nice class report about Team Bunny's experience in fundies. Check it out here. Thanks Kenn for the Team Bunny mascot photo.

No comments: