It's about diving. And cats.

Me diving

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Cats and Unicorns

A kitty-related post is long overdue.  First, I have to share this awesome kickstarter project that Don sent to me, which combines two of the best things in the world... cats and unicorns.  Rob's annual underwater calendar is pretty awesome, but a calendar with cats dressed up as magical creatures might just give him a run for his money.  Rumor has it the calendar will feature a "mercat".  The video on the site is adorable, because, well, there's a black cat in a pink wig.  Hmmm, I wonder how Pepper would like a pink wig.  Anyhoo, I've never done the kickstarter thing before, but I just couldn't pass this one up.  I can't wait to get my calendar and greeting cards.

Speaking of cats, I guess I should give an update on our kitties.  Otherwise Pepper might get jealous and kill me in my sleep.  Not too much to report.  A few months ago Pepper had a little bald patch on her tail, which landed her in a lampshade for a week or so.  Of course she hated it, but after just a few hours, she was back to her usual antics, like quilt-lounging, as depicted.  (Okay, Pepper is definitely going to kill me in my sleep for posting that picture.)  But Pepper is all better now.  It's taken quite a while for her tail to finally fill back in to uniform fluffiness, but I'd say it's about 99% of the way there at this point.

Oreo has been her usual angelic, cuddly self.  After a particularly traumatic (for me) ride to the vet, with Oreo basically screaming and crying in her carrier, I decided to leave the carrier sitting open in the family room, so the cats could get used to it, and not be so terrified of it.  This has become one of Oreo's favorite lounge spots (in fact she is in the carrier right now).  Pepper occasionally takes a turn in there too, and very occasionally they can both be spotted in there at the same time.  I would like to post a picture of Oreo in the carrier, but that tends to spook her out of there, so instead, here's a picture of her in front of my laptop, helping me write some code while working from home one day.

We also have what I have been referring to as our "third kitty" -- a neighborhood cat who likes to hang out in our front yard and on the steps leading up to the house.  I've been calling him Cali (for obvious reasons) even though that kitty name is already taken.  He seems to come around when it is really sunny; I think he likes the shade of some of our shrubs.  He's become a fan of stinky fish and tummy rubs.  I'm not sure who he belongs to, but I've seen him in front of another house up the street several times so I'm guessing that's his home.  I'm not even sure if he is actually a he... he's a very fluffy cat and we just don't know each other well enough for me to check.

No comments: